In keeping with the idea that eating healthy doesn’t have to be terrible here is a recipe that looks so good! If you try it before I do please let me know how it is!
Grilled Salmon and Asparagus Frittata
12 whole eggs, whisked
6-8oz of salmon (or more. don’t be shy.)
Bundle of asparagus, ends cut off
1-teaspoon garlic powder
1-teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
Sea salt and pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 medium ripe avocado
Aluminum foil, for the grill
▪ Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
▪ Light that grill of yours!
▪ Whisk your eggs in a large bowl.
▪ Salt and pepper your salmon and place on a piece of aluminum foil.
▪ Place asparagus spears on a separate piece of aluminum foil and pour a tablespoon of olive oil over the spears and then top with sea salt and pepper.
▪ Place both pieces of aluminum foil on the grill to cook.
▪ Flip both the spears and salmon after about 4-6 minutes to cook on other side.
▪ Once the food is cooked, let cool for just a second then roughly chop your salmon and asparagus.
▪ Throw into your bowl of whisked eggs, then add your garlic and onion powder, and thyme and basil, and top it all off with a bit more sea salt and pepper.
▪ Pour into a cast iron skillet and bake for 18-20 minutes or until middle of frittata is completely cooked through.
▪ Top with sliced avocado.
If you don’t have a grill, just cook your asparagus and salmon on the stovetop. If you don’t have a cast iron skillet, cook in a greased glass-baking dish.